Press release -
Christmas Travel Window refunds confirmed for West Midlands Railway passengers
Train operator West Midlands Railway (WMR) has confirmed the refund process for customers whose Christmas journey plans have changed following the latest Government advice.
Passengers with tickets for travel from tomorrow (Wed 23) until Sunday 27 December which were purchased on or after November 24 can rebook or refund their journeys for free. Full details on the process and the application form are available online here.
Meanwhile, WMR is reminding passengers who are travelling over the Christmas and New Year period to plan ahead, with a number of timetable changes in place.
Jonny Wiseman, customer experience director for West Midlands Railway, said:
"We know many of our customers purchased their Christmas tickets in advance and following the change in travel advice we have moved quickly to make sure the refund process is as easy as possible.
"For those people who are still travelling we are continuing to run the longest trains possible to help social distancing as well as maintaining our enhanced cleaning regimes. Face coverings remain mandatory on board unless exempt for medical reasons.
"I would like to wish all our customers a Merry Christmas - however they will be celebrating - and we look forward to welcoming more passengers back to the railway in 2021."
Christmas and New Year timetable changes include:
- No WMR services will run on Christmas Day or Boxing Day
- Last trains will depart earlier than usual on Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve
- A normal Sunday service will operate on December 27, although first trains may be later than usual
- A Sunday level of service will run on New Year's Day. Buses will replace trains between Wolverhampton and Birmingham New Street until midday due to essential engineering works
Latest travel information is available at www.wmr.uk/plan and by following @WestMidRailway on Twitter.
About West Midlands Trains
For further information on this release, call our press office on 03300 955150 or email email@example.com
West Midlands Trains operates both West Midlands Railway and London Northwestern Railway services.
- London Northwestern Railway services operate between Liverpool and Birmingham, and on the West Coast Main Line to and from London Euston.
- West Midlands Railway services operate to destinations across the West Midlands via Birmingham New Street and Birmingham Snow Hill.
If you have been sent this press release, this is because we believe this to be of interest to you.
To sign up for all future releases, visit our newsroom and subscribe to our updates. You can unsubscribe to our releases at any time.