Press release -
London Northwestern Railway urges West Coast Main Line passengers to plan ahead of bank holiday weekend engineering work
London Northwestern Railway is urging passengers travelling on the West Coast Main Line to check their journeys over the Spring Bank Holiday Weekend while essential engineering works take place.
Network Rail is upgrading tracks and signals across the railway over the weekend of May 29-31, meaning fewer trains will run between Liverpool, Birmingham and London Euston.
Among the changes to London Northwestern Railway services are:
- Passengers travelling between London Euston and Birmingham on all three days will need to change at Northampton on many services
- Trains between Crewe and London Euston will run to an amended timetable on all three days
- Trains to London Euston from Northampton, Milton Keynes and Tring will run to amended timetable on Saturday 29 May. Most trains will not call at Bushey or Harrow & Wealdstone
- A reduced number of trains will run between Northampton, Milton Keynes and London Euston on Sunday 30 May and Monday 31 May
- No direct trains will run between Birmingham and Liverpool on Sunday 30 May and the morning of Monday 31 May
Lawrence Bowman, customer experience director for London Northwestern Railway, said:
“These important upgrade works will ensure smoother and more reliable journeys for our customers over years to come. While the work is carried out I am urging our customers who are planning to travel on the West Coast Main Line over the bank holiday weekend to check their journeys in advance and plan carefully.”
Tim Shoveller, managing director of Network Rail’s North West and Central region, said:
“These essential improvements will build on the great progress already made this year to improve the railway as passengers return in greater numbers. I urge people to check their travel in advance so they know exactly what to expect from their journey.”
About West Midlands Trains
For further information on this release, call our press office on 03300 955150 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
West Midlands Trains operates both West Midlands Railway and London Northwestern Railway services.
- London Northwestern Railway services operate between Liverpool and Birmingham, and on the West Coast Main Line to and from London Euston.
- West Midlands Railway services operate to destinations across the West Midlands via Birmingham New Street and Birmingham Snow Hill.
If you have been sent this press release, this is because we believe this to be of interest to you.
To sign up for all future releases, visit our newsroom and subscribe to our updates. You can unsubscribe to our releases at any time.